5.16.2008

Friday rolls 'round again...

Well, it's Friday... and that means new movies. The 3rd blockbuster of the summer season hit theatres today, The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian. I haven't had a chance to see it yet, but I've been hearing generally positive reviews of it thus far. A lot of people seem to be quite surprised at how well the adaptation went, as they're saying they like the movie but hated the book (or at the very least, it was their least favorite of the Narnia series.) Though there seems to be a trailer at the beginning for something called "Beverly Hills Chihuahua" or something like that... at least one theatre apparently greeted that trailer with boos from the audience.

Next week, of course, is the movie that a lot of folks have been waiting for... Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull. I'm excited about it, but I'm trying not to get TOO excited lest I be disappointed with the final result. Given his recent Shia Lebeauf obsession, I'm not entirely convinced that Spielberg didn't just create Shia's character as a way to get him in the movie. The part of me that loved Indy in the 80's wants it to be amazing, but the part of me that weeps when I think of the Spielberg-produced Shia-starrer Transformers: A Michael Bay Film is worried that it's going to disappoint a lot of people.

Ah, well. I've already seen Iron Man, so my summer's set.

After Indy, there's still a number of movies you might want to check out this summer: Postal (yes, it's a Uwe Boll film, but I know a lot of folks are actually curious about it), War Inc., Sex and the City, Kung Fu Panda, You Don't Mess with the Zohan, The Incredible Hulk, Get Smart, The Love Guru, WALL-E, Wanted, Hancock, Hellboy II: The Golden Army, Journey to the Center of the Earth 3D, The Dark Knight, The Mummy: Tomb of the Dragon Emperor... and a lot more movies between now and the end of August that I just didn't have time to write out.

No comments: